Thursday, August 20, 2009

A small observation

I just noticed that my clothing tag was particularly itchy. I looked at it closely and noticed that that half of that little plastic thing that the stores use to affix the price to the shirt was still there...chaffing my back; it had been there for years.

Are there little ideas, things left undone, or habits that you have that are chaffing you? Tackle a few today. I feel much better that I have removed the offending itch-inducing piece of plastic.

I actually did a little bit of this last week. I was having trouble sleeping so I thought of all the things that I had not made a decision on. After I gave myself an answer to all these 'little' questions that had been chaffing at me, I went to sleep.

You might not even realize how much something is affecting you. Every time I have a headache, my first thought is if the little things that I've been ignoring have piled up and begun to physically affect me.

[On a separate note: pay attention, you can learn so much by being aware of what you are doing or of what's going on around you. It took me twenty-three years to learn that everything is connected and that every thing informs every thing.] A silly example would be I learned about African culture by looking at my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment