Monday, November 2, 2009

A Close to Crazy Decision

So I've been giving away my services for a while now. Marketing consulting, English tutoring...and now I'm giving away investment training. Now, that I have started all of this I realize it was a near crazy decision because it is yet another excuse to procrastinate on my school work. Like right now for instance.

I dunno. I read somewhere that you are suppose to give in the direction that you want to go. I read that you are suppose to be generous because eventually it will be returned to you by those people or by others because it's a law that God created. But, at the moment, all I feel is pressure. And yet, I can't think of anything that seems more right to drop than the Master's degree program in TESOL.

Step back. Breathe.

I'm supposed to be making music,
not supposed to be making Ds.
Just kidd'n
I'm making As and Bs.
Don't make that second one plural,
'cause it's the one I gotta keep
as one B, one B.

--

It's funny people looking at me.
Tell me I'm all sophisticated
I'm like please.
They call me professor, smart,
"Oh, you're educated."
Educated enough to know that it means
nothing next to the Gospel of the King.

--

You see I'll be teaching English, but
music I've gotta teach, 'cause if you
block what flows from your soul you
life story will be weak.

Get up, rise up, it's time to shine.
I've been shining all along with my ability to rhyme.
But, now I've got a purpose to work this
the lyrics on a page
now I've I got a reason to keep timing
like Johnny Blaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment