Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The "I Will Sell" poem by Lis Carpenter

I Will Sell - by Lis Carpenter


 
So, this is me action on inspiration. That's something that I learned from "God's Marketing Man," Kris Darty. 

I Will Sell 
I will sell because my parents don't approve, and I don't want to be like them.
I will sell because I'm an artist and I can create marketing pieces.
I will sell because it is the highest paying industry in the world.
I will sell because I worked for St. Giles Junior Summer Camps for about two weeks, and it was a living hell. I will sell because there are a lot of scammers out there, and it's better for you to find me before them.
I will sell because I can help more people by focusing on profits instead of earnings. I think I'll write more in a blog post.

I'm feeling so good about this 90 Day Challenge I just started because I am not stuck in the paralysis of analysis thing.  I actually got this video shot, edited and on this blog in about an hour. Ask me if I could do that a year ago.

I was just musing about this stuff as I was listening to David Wood share about "creating magic" from the last Empower Hour call. I really started thinking about what I want. I can't justify the work that I do because it's just not what I want, and it forces me to be profession, which goes totally against every fiber in my being!

  • I decided that it's about time for me to decide that my family's future will not be determined by the job market or nation's economy.

  • I decided that I have infinite worth. I know that I am more valuable than any wage 'the man' can pay me.

  • I decided that I will not live in hope of some pension (drop in income) supporting me when I retire. 

  • I decided that I to live without the fear of being downsized.

  • I decided that I will never give one of my friends the "I can't afford it excuse again." 
That is my fuel today. I have a few simple things that I can do everyday to get to the other side of this poor cashflow existence. And, by God, I am going to do them with all my might!

No comments:

Post a Comment