Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Journey of a Patron

I've decided that rather than seeking out different organizations to become involved with that I will instead increase my involvement with the organizations with which I am already associated. For me, right now this means putting energy into building Glory Power Ministries' online presence.

I was conducting an interview of a man that had immigrated to the States about nine years ago. After hearing my story the man said that America should not be involved in other people's civil wars or wars period. I suppose we are not God's sovereign hand and this country's people suffer because of the expense.

When he made the comment I actually started thinking about myself. There are many people that I have helped and sought to help over the years while ignoring myself in the process. This has slowly caused me to value myself less. The cause is important and the individuals behind the cause are more important.

I will have to remember as I am raising funds and helping to organize events for charities that I must first take care of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment