Thursday, May 28, 2009

What's Facebook Have To Do With It?

Today I realized that as much as I claim to love to network that I had not done much to connect with my old friends on Facebook. Today after finding someone that had similar interests like traveling and building a business out of it I realized my lack of a network on this favorite networking web site of mine.

So I went on a friend adding blitz. Basically, I used the dreaded automatic adder, the one that you plug your email address into with your password. I was like, "So much for security." Security is an illusion anyway.

So I had been emailing this stranger back and forth for about an hour and then I added him as a Facebook friend and...nothing. No response. Maybe I need to say hello, but it definitely woke me up a bit to my lack of networking. I put the Facebook App on my I-Pod and then actually visited a few other websites that I've been neglecting (i.e. Twitter).

All of this has been a great way of procrastinating on the 100 or so pages I have to read by tomorrow night. What am I doing up at 3 in the morning anyway--procrastinating--I'm still telling myself that I will do my work after I do a few other things. Where did this behavior start?

No comments:

Post a Comment