Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Rich Dad Poor Dad Reacurring Thought

So this thought keeps coming up in my mind about how my current education is pulling money out of my pocket and therefore not an asset by Robert Kiyosaki's definition. Actually, this education is costing me more than I can calculate. I understand the principle of creating assets which he presented. Multiply the things that are putting money in your pocket or cashflow, and reduce the things that are taking money out of your pocket.

This education right now is a huge liability. In fact, it might be considered too costly if 80% of it wasn't being covered by the VA. So my meditation for these last three months has been create assets or create possibilities for more income streams. I make online videos. I write articles, press releases...whatever, but my focus should be on bigger deals.

I recently ran across this guy's program called Million Dollar Licensing. I watched all his videos, and I am seeking to apply his stuff in between reading my textbooks and making discussion posts. You guessed it. I opted for the online format for my degree in TESOL because I thought that it would give me more time to pursue marketing...boy was I wrong.

This Million Dollar Licensing idea is somewhat like a technique that I learned as one of Robert Allen's Mastery students. It's called Transaction Engineering, and the class is taught by Lorenzo Spencer (The Undercover Millionaire). The technique is to set yourself up as a contractor for companies that interest you and to make sure that you get a finder's fee.

All of this is turning over in my head because I know it is a better way to do business instead of focusing on giving out informational reports and hoping that people join your business opportunity. Why is the second business plan so much more prevalent than the first? Anyways back to the original juxt: Create Assets.

No comments:

Post a Comment