Thursday, June 4, 2009

How to Make Screen Captures

I just learned a cool trick that I've been dying to share. And it's so simple that it is almost embarrassing. I can see how I can use screen capture for school. I mean who really wants to go through the whole downloading process or copying of website code to reconstruct a message for students.

This process is ideal for constructing a PowerPoint presentation or a WordDoc handout.
1) Push the button after F12 labeled "PrtSc" (it is on my Toshiba anyway). I see it labeled differently on my Dell "Prnt Scrn". It's also above the function keys instead of after them. In any event push the "Print Screen" button.

2) In MSWord you can edit the screen capture by using the crop feature on the Picture Toolbar. (View->Toolbars->Picture) (You have to click the little black dots to move the edges in or out.)

3) Copy and paste your picture into Powerpoint for further editing or Paste into Paint or any other photo editing program on your computer to save as a image file (.gif, .jpeg etc.) for later use.

No comments:

Post a Comment