Friday, October 29, 2021

Lis Carpenter - My BIG WHY


 

I don't remember keepimg a journal in my Blog about all the things I was doing as side hustles while I was completing my doctoral degree. 

Most people want to hide that shit, but the thing is we will never be free while we are hiding what we do. I hustled hard y'all, but I was out of alignment with my giftings and skills.

I AM AN EDUCATOR. I am a trained ESL teacher. I tutored over 2000 students one on one. I have built curriculums and designed assessments for students. I have taught students all over the world.

And, somewhere in all of this action, I decided that educators are just not paid well. The truth is educators who choose classroom teaching in the wrong place are not paid well. 

Lucky for me, the requirements kept changing to get hired in my county. And, instead of heading back to school for a Special Education degree, I chose to leave and work for online companies. 

But, my highest value is teaching students how to improve their results and their lives. I have mastered the skills it takes to get "good grades," yes. But, I want to teach you, reader, how to excel beyond school. The skills that you will learn from me will allow you to choose who you want to work with and give you confidence that you can learn any subject.

Go ahead and reach out liscarpenter[at]gmail.com or @maketodayextraordinary on Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment